1. An applicant must:
- be eighteen (18) years of age, or older, on the date the application is submitted.
- provide proof of high school graduate equivalency.
- be of legal status not only to receive a certificate of registration, but also to work in the State of Mississippi with that certificate of registration.
- provide a physician’s letter stating that you are physically and emotionally capable of performing and receiving massage.
- submit 2 recent passport pictures.
- complete an interview with school admissions personnel.
- successfully complete a brief entrance exam.
2. Any and all requirements regarding good moral character and competency, as provided for in §73-67 and in accepted codes of ethics, shall be met.
Incoming: Students will be permitted to transfer into the WCTM program on a case-by-case basis. A $200.00 non-refundable evaluation fee will be required upon submission of existing documentation of completed coursework. If WCTM accepts the transfer student, a $75.00 admission fee is a prerequisite to enrollment. A final will be given on all coursework at WCTM, regardless of whether the course is completed at WCTM or transferred. The tuition rate will be based on the instructional and examination hours needed to complete the required 700-hour program for Mississippi at WCTM, and shall include $200.00 to take the Mississippi State Board of Massage Therapy comprehensive exam. The applicable book and supply fee will be charged according to courses needed to complete the 700-hour curriculum.
Outgoing: Records of the completed classes will be transmitted to the new school upon request. Incomplete transcripts will not be issued directly to students.
Student Records are filed in the School’s Administrative Offices or safe off-site storage facilities. Transcripts are available to testing facilities, schools or State regulatory boards, with your permission, without charge for the first copy, and any duplicate copies are available for a fee of $15.00 per copy plus postage. WCTM abides by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Policy may be reviewed at Ed.gov-FERPA.